The Executive Office exists to serve the national body, various boards, state organizations, local churches and individual members of the National Association of Free Will Baptists, Inc., as an administrative and service office.
The duties of the Free Will Baptist Executive Office staff begin in the parking lot at the National Offices Building. Somebody must make sure that employees and guests have a place to park. It then moves inside the building and includes such diverse tasks as building security and maintenance, mail pick-up and delivery, securing telephone equipment, and spearheading publicity efforts ranging from the annual Yearbook to the Free Will Baptist Treatise.
It’s a people business as well as a place and equipment business for the Executive Office. Whoever wants information about Free Will Baptist history, statistical data, questions about denominational positions or what resolutions were passed when – the buck stops with the Executive Office staff.
The office is a clearinghouse to answer questions and direct callers who require more specific assistance that’s handled by other national agencies. The Executive Office is ministry characterized by a warm smile, a friendly handshake and a can-do attitude.
Executive Secretary Eddie Moody and his staff promote and correlate the work and ministry of the National Association. Specific services and duties include:
- Acts as liaison with other religious bodies and the federal government
- Serves as public relations arm for the denomination
- Functions as an advisory service to local churches, associations and state bodies
- Administers The Together Way Plan
- Spearheads the development of stewardship education
- Coordinates and plans the annual national convention
- Compiles and publishes the annual Digest of Reports
- Compiles and publishes the Online Church Directory
- Prints and distributes minutes of the National Association
- Maintains a church and pastors mailing list for print and distribution
- Sponsors and directs the annual Leadership Conference
- Supervises the operation and maintenance of the National Offices building
- Furnishes mailing services for routine mail
- Takes care of denominational legal matters
- Promotes the total program and work of all national agencies